The Careers Service at GCU aims to provide quality, effective careers guidance, advice and information to empower students and graduates to make informed decisions about their careers, learning and continuing professional development.
The Careers Service website provides a range of careers resources to help you with every stage of the career planning and job hunting process such as:
- Job Search - for part-time, placement, graduate and international graduate jobs
- CVs, applications & interviews - a selection of online resources and DVDs
- Practice psychometric tests - one of the GCU London students said: 'An amazing tool to really get a feel for the kind of questions/tests that may appear when applying for jobs!'
- Specialist information relevant to your Masters programme - access career specific links and information
- International Students - a range of careers resources and information for international students
Careers Service online leaflets
Careers Service DVDs
Your Job’s Online – this video shows how to maximise your chances of success when applying for jobs online
At The Assessment Centre - this video shows real students and graduates being assessed by actual recruiters in activities which commonly feature at assessment centres.
Meet with GCU London's Careers Consultant
If, after completing your own research using this website, you still have further questions related to your individual circumstances or career options then our new Careers Consultant could help.
Come along to the fortnightly Careers Success workshops or book an individual appointment to get advice and ideas. These are run by Sue Moseley, GCU London's Careers Consultant.
Sue is available on Thursdays (both term time and during the holidays).
Individual careers appointments will take approximately 20 minutes and are available on Thursdays only. To book your appointment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating whether you would prefer a morning session (10.30am – 11.30am) or an afternoon session (2.10pm – 3.40pm). We will be in touch to confirm your appointment time. Come to the main reception for your allocated appointment.