GCU and Santander are offering an exciting opportunity for SMEs to take advantage of part-funded 10 week internships
- The programme offers SMEs (fewer than 250 employees and a turnover of less than £50m) the opportunity to employ a student or graduate on a fixed term project identified by you. The internship must be for a minimum of 3 weeks and a maximum of 10 weeks.
- Santander will provide matched funding through the University of £150 (50% of the costs) per week towards the intern’s salary with the remaining cost to be met by the company. Santander’s funding will be capped at £1,500.
- Internships can be in any field or sector.
- All current students and graduates are eligible to apply.
- All placements are based on a standard 35 hour week. Part-time roles are acceptable on a pro-rata basis of £75 matched funding per week.
- Wage is equivalent to £8.57 per hour which exceeds the UK living wage (£8.25 per hour).
- SMEs can advertise internship job profiles on GCU’s Shared Vacancy Service, which is accessed by graduates (up to two years) and current students.
- Interns submit their CVs for positions and are chosen by the business offering the internship. Internships must be allocated by 31st July 2017.
To find out more about how you can get the energy and insight from a talented student or graduate to help with a project in your business and benefit from matched salary funding please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Limited internships are available and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. Please contact Lorna to ensure availability before you start to advertise a post.