Jose is a full-time PhD student researching on the Risk Management for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs).
He holds an MBA Atlántico in Businesses and Administration the program launched jointly with three Catholic Universities namely, Pontifical Catholic University of Sao Paulo (Brazil), Catholic University of Porto (Portugal) and Catholic University of Angola (Angola) and also holds a BSc in Accounting and Management from Private University of Angola.
Prior to joining the PhD program at Glasgow Caledonian University (London campus), he worked eight years in Angolan Public Oil company (Sonangol) as Commercial Manager and Planning, and seven years in an insurance company as Claims Manager.
- Risk Management as a Tool of Competitiveness and Sustainability of SMEs - Perspective from Angola
- Supervisors: Dr Madhu Acharyya and Dr Keith Halcro
Specialisms & Interests
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Business Administration Systems
- Risk Culture
- SMEs performance
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- His current research investigates the impact of risk management on the small business performance and how they can take advantage using this tool for survival and growth in this time with constant changes.
Professional Memberships & Activities
Associate Member of the Order of Accountants, and Expert Accountants of Angola (OCPCA)