Home and EU students wishing to study at GCU London may now be eligible to apply for a loan from Student Funding England to help pay for course fees and living costs.
Who can apply?
To be eligible for this loan you must:
- be a Home (UK) or EU student
- be living in England during your studies
- be studying one of our taught or research Master’s degree
- be on a course that last one or two years long
- be under 60 at the start of your course.
European students from the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland are also eligible to apply for the loan as long as you are planning to live in England during your studies.
How much is the loan?
Students can apply for a loan up to a maximum of £10,000 repayable after graduation once you are in employment. If your course is longer than one year you can get up to £5,000 in your first year and the rest the year after.
If you apply to study with us in January on a course that lasts 16 months, you could receive up to £5,000 in the first 12 months and then another £5,000 in the last 4 months.
How will the loan be paid?
The loan will be paid to your bank account in 3 instalments throughout the academic year. If you are in receipt of other sources of postgraduate funding such as a National Health Service (NHS) bursary, it will not affect your eligibility for a Postgraduate Loan in 2018/19.
How can I apply?
You can apply for a postgraduate loan through the Government's website.
If you have any questions about postgraduate loans, please contact email@example.com.
Please note the terms above apply to:
- students resident in Scotland who will not be eligible to access the loans.
- students resident in England who will be eligible to access the loans to study in both London and Glasgow.
- students resident in the EU who will be eligible to access the loans but will only be able to study in London.